What is Jenazah Care ?
Jenazah care is a religious service ( Ibadah) to facilitate the burial of a muslim in a needy muslim minority land. The Jenazah care service includes the cost of :
- Permit for burial
- Burial plot
- Transportation of deceased
- Washing of deceased body (Ghusul)
- Shrouding of deceased (Kafan)
- Funeral(Jenazah) prayer led by an Imam
Problem faced by muslims in minority Muslim lands for Jenazah procession
- Lack of financial capability to bury a deceased. Muslims in these lands take loans for funeral procession of their relatives.
- Muslims in these lands do not have a funeral plot allocated especially for muslims. Therefore they are buried together with deceased of other faith.
- A deceased who is a new muslim revert do not have a relative to shoulder the funeral rights.
Why Jenazah care?
Burial of a deceased muslim is a communal obligation (Fard Kifayah) among the muslims. It is the right of a muslim over another. It is an Ibadah (religious worship) that is great in the eyes of Allah. Jenazah care serves to solve the problem faced by muslims in minority muslim land for funeral procession.
Prophet Muhammad ﷺ said :
Whoever digs a grave for a deceased person and buries him, will receive the reward of giving him a place to reside in till the Day of Qiyamah.